Updated: Sep 16, 2020
If you know how to identify Kūmarahou (Pomaderris kumeraho) try making this simple tea. This tea will help one become grounded and centred. It's extremely bitter in taste but profoundly good for you. I really enjoy the powerful benefits that Kūmarahou tea provides. It is one of a kind so try to embrace the flavour and know that it truly is one of a kind. Sugary sweets will be a thing of the past when you start adding this tea into your diet. You can find more information on what kūmarahou can do here. When I’m feeling lethargic or even stressed I drink a glass of Kūmarahou tea daily for up to a week just to flush out toxins and connect me back to Papatūānuku. Kūmarahou tea assists us in bringing our awareness back to the centre. From the centre we are able to see more clearly (from the heart).
1. Place a handful of leaves (about 5-10 leaves) in a pot with a litre of water and bring to a boil
2. Boil for 20-30 minutes with the lid on the pot.
3. You may have to top up with hot water during cooking due to evaporation
3. Strain the leaves and drink a glass or
4. Allow the plant juice to cool.
5. Bottle, label and refrigerate for up to 7 days
TIP: I normally drink a glass or 2 per day for up to 5 days when I'm feeling low in energy or out of balance.